If you plan to stay in Rak Tamachat,
here is a list of things you should consider bringing:
- Natural shampoo, soap and shower products (We also make our own which you can use)
- Medical supplies (Rak Tamachat has a extensive medical kit, but you may consider bringing a specific brand or type.)
- Socks to keep mosquitoes from biting at night
- Bathing suit
- Towels & Sarong
- Natural insect repellent
- Light weight, long-sleeved shirts and pants (for keeping away mosquitoes/protecting you from the sun)
- Headlamps and flashlights
- Notebooks and pens
- T-shirts and shorts (that you don’t mind getting dirty while working at the farm, we also have clothes available in the Free Shop, or Swap Shop)
- Raincoat with hood/poncho (*Note- The Rainy Season in our region of Thailand lasts from August-October, but it does begin occasionally raining around May) look on the Internet for more up to date weather forecasts, as it varies every year. Note: We do have rain gear for your use.
- Your preferred Dietary items and/or supplements
- Garden/Work gloves – Rak Tamachat has some which are used, if you prefer your own personal pair, you can bring or buy a pair in our shop.
- Sunscreen (Sunscreen is sold in Si Khiu. It is very expensive to buy in Thailand, so we highly suggest you bring your own)
- Power outlet adapter/converter for your electronics
Useful things, but not absolutely necessary:
- Personal tinctures/essential oils
- Yoga Mat (We have some communal ones available for your use)
- Your own electronics—only if you are interested in bringing it. (We have Wifi and a communal desktop, but we do not have available smartphones, tablets, or laptops for your use)
- Running sneakers (if you’d like to go on runs, we have plenty of beautiful paths to run/exercise here)
- Water shoes/tevas/keens etc. (if you’d prefer to use when swimming in our pond, or use while visiting some local attractions like the nearby waterfall, etc…
- Books (donations always welcome!)
- A Good music playlist (for playing your tunes on our speakers in the Main Sala community space)
- Musical instruments (although we have a few here!)
- External hard drive or a thumb drive (minimum 32G) if you want to receive our digital media library at the end of your course (to include Permaculture reference books, Permaculture related novels, documentaries, teachers, and misc. entertainment: movies/music)
- Travel Mug and/or Water Bottle
- Favorite gardening tools, we would always love to have more if you decided to leave it 🙂
- Sketch book & art supplies
Many people ask us if we would like them to bring us anything…Here is an ongoing WISH LIST, if you feel inclined and oh so generous:
- Spices and dried herbs to add to our growing kitchen collection!
- If you like Olive Oil please bring it, it is very expensive as imported!!!!
- Seeds! (plants that will grow well in the tropics)
- Any Food fermentation starters, “mothers,” supplies, or equipment: homemade wine making, pickling, beer making, miso, kimchi, kombucha, etc.
- Books – about Permaculture/sustainable agriculture, solar power systems, a good fiction, alternative medicine, plant identification, etc.
- Musical instruments of any kind
- Gently used clothes/accessories you’d like to donate to our Swap Shop and Free Shop
Bringing your own laptop is a highly recommended for helping with administrative duties in the office.
Please contact us if you have any questions about what to bring.