Rak Tamachat’s Master Plan
Goals Articulation Statement Summary
The farm will provide a dynamic, abundant life for the local family, residents community, and students while providing a safe haven for learning and expanding ones horizons.
- The farm will be a thriving Permaculture & Natural Living Education Center full of activity, providing inspiration to locals and international visitors, while allowing the educators to share and expand their knowledge base.
- The farm will serve as a model of profitable Permaculture Design in Action and Regenrative Agriculture showcasing the power of Integrated Farming Systems utilizing Holistic Management techniques with diligent Animal Husbandry Practices.
- The activities on the farm will require less economic and fossil fuel inputs over time, as an outcome of the Integrated Farming Systems, following Permaculture Design Principles and Ethics, utilizing Regenerative Agriculture and Holistic Management techniques with diligent Animal Husbantry Practices.
The farm will provide a dynamic, abundant life for the local family, residents community, volunteers and visitors while providing a safe haven for learning and expanding ones horizons.
- The environment of the farm provides an ideal place to raise children, with a wide variety of stimulation and activities which help them have a strong physical and mental development and to stay healthy.
- The farm promotes respect for each generation and is home to meaningful activities for everyone, such that all participate in creating the abundance of the farm.
- There is an atmosphere of encouragement and engagement in the social and productive activities of the farm for all.
- Production from the farm and gardens provide the residents with a wide variety of delicious and healthy food free of any chemical inputs.
- The food forests are perennially producing and have an ever changing variety of fruit, nuts, fiber, fuel and timber while also providing habitat for many wild animals as well as our holistically raised chickens, turkeys, pigs and cows.
- The gardens have an overabundance of fresh food coming from them year round, providing a stable source of healthy food allowing for reduced stress from food security.
- All of our meat, fish needs are supplied on-site through our holistically managed human animal husbandry systems, while producing the fertilizers from their waste to feed our gardens and thus ourselves.
- The aquaculture systems provide an abundance of fresh fish and a emergency supply of edible tubers for the nourishment of the community, while also providing habitat and food sources for our integrated animal systems.
- The farm produces enough timber and bamboo for all the natural building needs of the community.
- The surplus produced on the farm earns us enough income to pay for the day-to-day needs of the residents and the upkeep of the farm in a subsistence manor.
The farm will be a thriving Permaculture & Natural Living Education Center full of activity, providing inspiration to locals and international visitors, while allowing the educators to share and expand their knowledge base.
- The farm hosts Natural Living Education Courses, to share our knowledge and systems with as many people as possible as a break even cost structure based on providing a living wage for the resident teachers and offsetting the lost agricultural revenue to the farm for the area utilized by the center, throughout the year.
- The farm is a thriving community made up of the local family, farm hands, resident educators, volunteers, interns, and guest.
- The farm allows for the many residents to participate in the rewards and abundance of their work.
- The farm is part of a larger worldwide movement, both here in Thailand and beyond to promote sustainability through Permaculture principles while demonstrating that a community of like minded people can live in harmony with the land and each other and prove that they can do so in an economic efficient manor, without.
- The farms Permaculture systems continues everyday to evolve and become more efficient and interconnected with the local and world communities.
- The Permaculture systems on the farm provide the residents with endless opportunity for creativity and invention, they joyfully and playfully utilize these opportunities to find new ways to increase efficiency, beauty and sustainability on the farm.
- The farm utilizes a Permaculture Master Plan which is a living document, easily updated and revised, enabling the farm and its residents to adjust the plans to ever-changing natural conditions.
- We farm has a steady stream of passionate people, who bring ideas of their own and who take with them valuable experience and inspiration when they leave.
- The residents of the farm interact with the local community in a way that respectfully invites them to learn Permaculture farming techniques and ideas about successful permanent agricultural practice.
- The farm gives the residents the opportunity to feel thankful and to share our good fortune with the local community.
- The farm provides low-cost Permaculture, Natural Building and Natural Living Courses to the local Thai community and international students from around the world.
- The farm and its actions help the people that live in our village and Thailand to view us with respect and camaraderie.
- The residents of the farm work together to create social systems that promote individual growth and group strength.
The farm will serve as a model of profitable Permaculture Design in action and Regenerative Agriculture showcasing the power of Integrated Farming Systems utilizing Holistic Management Techniques with Diligent Animal Husbandry Practices.
- The farm is able to reach break even after five years on the invested capital for the regenerative agriculture and Permaculture techniques utilized in its transition from a commercial corn and rice farm to a organic integrated farm.
- The farms systems provide the world with another real example of Integrated Permaculture and Regenerative agriculture systems utilizing Holistic Management and Animal Husbandry as being economically feasible.
- Through implementation of the Integrated Permaculture Master Plan, the farm has reduced costs, improved quality, and connected with new markets.
- The Integrated Permaculture Master Plan helps guide the farm allow it to be well-managedand focused on the future. In the short term, medium term, and long term, the Integrated Permaculture Systems implemented on the farm are replicable and noteworthy.
- The farm connects with the Worldwide Permaculture Community and shares what we have done and what we have learned through our website and movies.
- The farm experiments with different Permaculture and Traditional Agricultural Techniques utilizing proper scientific methods and construct and builds them with a thorough understanding of the engineering behind the projects.
- The farm is a demonstration center of Permaculture Systems, Natural Building practices for the local and international community, where people can come and see and learn how the system works and how to implement it on their farms, through hands on action learning.
The farm will be a thriving Permaculture and Natural Living Education Center full of activity, providing inspiration to locals and international visitors, while allowing the educators to share and expand their knowledge base.
- The farm will shift from energy intensive activities, like conventional tillage agriculture, to more progressive modes of passive production, like perennial crops and aquaculture through the implementation of the Permaculture Master Plan.
- The farm will experiment with and implements different alternative energy systems. The systems include solar, wind, bio-gas and farm made bio-fuels to work to the goal of sending power back to the grid for profit.
- The residents constantly refine and re-evaluate the farms Permaculture techniques to become even more efficient and effective.
- By abiding to the Principles of Permaculture and Integrated Farming, the farms systems have become much more synergistic. This synergism helps to ensure the health and abundance of the farm and reduce waste thus producing a larger overall return on each system.
- Every element of the farm is benefiting the system in multiple ways, the residents work to make the interactions as effienct as possible.
- The farm strives to mimic nature in her diversity, stability, fertility and productivity.
- The “waste” from one element fits seamlessly into the needs of another. Throughout the farm we are reducing waste, and improving the health of the overall system.