Living in an Intentional Permaculture Community
Living in Community together means Sharing Values, meals, our home, and experiences. Whether your stay with us is for a few days or a few months, this will become your home as much as it is ours.
At Rak Tamachat we like to emphasize the practice of Mindfulness in all aspects of our Communal Living Permaculture Lifestyle.
We want to share our piece of mind(fulness) with you to make sure all our guests always feel comfortable and welcome.
We don’t like to refer to anything here as “rules“, for we believe in the true Fair Share of responsibilities on the farm.
Please always be mindful of…
1. Our Permaculture Community does not tolerate discrimination of any kind, (ie.: race, culture, creed, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, religion).
2. We do not tolerate the use of hard drugs on the farm.
3. Respect all People, Facilities, Services, Equipment, Tools, Machines, and Personal Property of others.
4. Rak Tamachat practices communal cooking, as such you are highly encouraged to help to cook your meals and to help clean up after the meals. We are proud of our cooking and our kitchen and like to have a clean working and eating area. There’s always a broom to pick up, a counter to wipe, bread to bake, or vegetables to be prepped, we always appreciate all hands on deck.
6. Please help us upkeep our Permaculture farm while you live here with us. If you are looking for a fully staffed resort Rak Tamachat (it’s more a Permasort) is not a place for you. But if you are looking for an enriching Permaculture Community Living and learning experience, we’ll be anxiously awaiting your arrival.
6. Rak Tamachat works communally in the morning, guests and students are encouraged to work with the Permaculture Community and Permaculture Interns in the mornings from 8:00 to 11:00. Without work in our Permaculture Gardens, we can not grow our own food. Students will be doing active, hands-on learning during the morning sessions.
7. Disconnect to Reconnect. Wifi at the farm is a privilege, always be mindful of turning off the internet on your smartphone, tablet, or laptop when you are not using it. We ask that for very limited internet use during the hours of 8-11 AM when interns will be working in the office.
10. Please be mindful when smoking cigarettes on the farm by not disposing your filters on our land. Please, no smoking inside our facilities or at our dining table.
That wasn’t so hard, Living in an Intentional Permaculture Community is really not that hard, why don’t you come to experience it for yourself!